Tv and Home Entertainment Wiring


A new flat screen television, surround-sound stereo system, or computer are home entertainment devices you cannot wait to have installed and ready to use. These luxuries you have worked hard for, and coming home after a long day of work has never been more exciting. However, when you unbox these items you realize one thing: there are a lot of wires. You might think it will be no problem, and for those do-it-yourselfers out there, directions are optional. But the red, blue, yellow, white, and black wires are not to be underestimated. If you make one wrong move, or plug too many devices into one outlet, you are risking the device and risking your own life.

Lakewood Ranch Pressure Washing and Handyman Services has trained professionals, well versed in wiring and other electrical services. Employees are prepared to safely and efficiently handle the installation of your electrical devices quickly. Hiring the professionals at Lakewood Ranch Pressure Washing and Handyman Services can mean the difference between frying the device and having it ready to use at the end of the evening. The professionals also will save you the risk of burning or shocking yourself, which under certain circumstances can be lethal.

Faulty electrical systems in the home are responsible for destroyed devices, house fires, and shocks to the human body. The Electrical Safety Foundation found that in a year, there are approximately 140,000 house fires, billions of dollars in damage, and over 400 deaths caused by faulty electric wires. Even something as simple as installing new speakers in your home theatre can turn incredibly dangerous without the proper expertise that Lakewood Ranch Pressure Washing and Handyman Services can provide you. 

The employees at Lakewood Ranch Pressure Washing and Handyman Services are training in electrical wiring, and can save you thousands in property damage and thousands more in medical bills if you were to be injured. There are several ways untrained people can damage themselves or their homes without the expertise of professionals. Frayed wiring, old circuits, the use of extension cords, and outlet shortages are common causes for fire and shocks, all of which a professional at Lakewood Ranch Pressure Washing and Handyman Services can identify and avoid.

These common causes of electrical dangers are not always visible to the untrained eye. Frayed wiring creates an β€œarc” which is when an electrical spark that jumps wire to wire. This arc has the potential to shock you or start a fire. Old circuits are a particular danger in older homes, whose electrical systems have not been updated for newer devices. The circuits may not be able to handle the wattages of the devices, and will short and destroy the devices, shock you, or start a fire. Extension cords are commonly used among non-professionals. However, the professionals know that extension cords pose a real risk. Covered, kinked or pinched extension cords are a fire risk, and they are also susceptible for spark and shock. Outlet shortages happen when they are being overused or mixed with the wrong device wattage. These shorts can be incredibly dangerous to you and your home.

Protect your home and yourself. The dangers of electrical wiring are plentiful and cause damage to thousands of people every year. Contact Lakewood Ranch Pressure Washing and Handyman Services for professional care, fair prices, and quick but efficient work. All employees are well-trained in electrical wiring for all your home entertainment needs.